Thursday, July 24, 2008

Inside Job, Part Two

Hmmm...I can't remember what order these photos are in, but I have a feeling the kitty-spaying one is first. Ooops. Hope everyone's had lunch! Yeah anyways, Terry the Vet asked me to be the surgery nurse for a cat spaying two days ago. I was just internet shopping so I said, sure, what the heck. What happens in St. Paul stays in St. Paul, right? I was afraid I'd pass out or barf, but instead I was a good little nurse and held the clamps and opened the sterile packages and injected the cat. Twice. He was spaying another cat yesterday so I went and took some pictures. I also made a video but this damn webiste won't let me post it! I will endeavour to figure it out, and hopefully you will soon be rewared with the fruits of my effort.

There are some corny nature photos that do no justice to what I actually saw. Sunsets at 12:00 AM? Beautiful! Trying to capture it with a cheap little point 'n' shoot? Not possible! But hopefully you get a little idea of what I've seen.

OK, keep those Teen Vogues coming!

I also think that reindeer fur accoutrements will be the hit accessory for Fall 2009. You heard it here first, bitches.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey jane,

i had no idea alaska would be this wacked! nurse jane in the operating room and park yer guns outside the grocery store...this is all quite interesting. really the stories you will be telling those fashionista kids back at school will blow their minds.

it does look rather beautiful up there, that's undeniable.

alright then, i expect you'll have a few more yarns to spin soon. i'm all ears er..eyes in this case.

take care up there.

Anonymous said...

That kitty spaying photo is strangely cute. Is that bad? Was it knocked out? What did you do as a nurse? Pass the utensils? You know maybe you should reconsider the fashion thing and train as an animal nurse. It would be easier to get a job and you'd probably make more money. Take it from someone who knows. Guess who?!!? (just kidding you'll be a great designer)

Unknown said...

wow a biologist and a nurse!!