Friday, July 18, 2008

Inside Job, Part One

God...I can barely stay awake and I sleep 10-14 hours a day!

OK, today we have some photos of my work environment and my friends, the Halibut Heads!! Yes, I reach my paws into that vat of heads, line up ten at a time, and scan away! Thrilling, I know! Sometimes, just to mix it up, I scan the heads as they are being chopped off the bodies! Actually, that officially begins today. Work is getting...unfriendly. I showed up today at what I thought was a reasonable hour only to be greeted with, "You're late. You're always late. Is it cause you've been drinking the night before? If you do this after we chop the heads off and not during, it wastes a lot of time, you know." All delivered in a barely decipherable Tagalog-accented mumble. It should be noted that anytime I've tried to pry an exact start time out of the foreman, the only answers I've gotten are, "In the morning", or "After dinner", or "Tomorrow". Apparently, the psychic in me is supposed to know that this means 7 A.M., though sometimes it's 6, or else 5:30 P.M., but sometimes it could be 8:30 P.M.

Anyways. Enough about work! Who thinks Australians are alright? Vote now! I'll tell you my opinion after the polls close!

Hugs!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

hola jane,

being that i have a luvly australian friend i have to say the aussi ladies seem great. the dudes on the other hand, can be total dags. i've been warned by numerous ladies, and most importantly by aussie ladies, to watch out for the
macho bbq loving fosters drinking fellas who seem to travel the globe in search of good times and many ladies. that being said, if you know how to handle 'em, they can be swell drinking buddies.

so do you have some aussie workmates or something? that vat of fish heads sure looks grim. you'll definitely be able to shock a few of those young fashion design students when you get in the fall.

"so how was your summer jane?"

"it was great suzy, i was up in alaska cutting the heads of halibut and scanning the chips inside their heads. what about you?"

"ohh, um, i just worked at uhh, american apparel and uuhh, partied at the beach with my friends."

"sounds like fun. geeze, i'm sure excited about this new haut couture assignment we were just given."

"uh, ya, me too."


anyways, keep on truckin' jane and remember to leave your firearms at home when you go grocery shopping.

xoxo
ash

Unknown said...

I say Ok to Australians. Did you ever get the mail I sent YOu?