Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pleasantries

Hi guys,

I realize I've been bombarding you with the gruesome and the dead, so here are some compensatory pix of flowers and the like, AKA "I discovered the macro function on my camera". But seriously...are these wee flowers not beautfiul?? Did I spell that right?? We have some arctic poppies, a violet, a white flower of some sort, a monkshood, and some wild celery (puuchki to the locals).

It's been an absolutely beautiful day today, an exceptional day. I walked to work with the full moon low in the sky, illuminating the sea with a golden glow, and then I sat drinking my PBR on the beach at about 7 pm, enjoying the sun on my face. When the skies are clear and the sun's out, this place is pretty incredible, and I'm not just saying that cause I've had 6 drinks. The skies are red tonight, maybe it'll be a sailor's delight tomorrow. Hopefully. Another reindeer has been shot so we're in for some heart 'n' liver treats for dinner tomorrow. We had a delicious potluck tonight - halibut cheeks w/ aioli from me, venison chili from Bob, and various veggies from everyone else.

Yes, it's been a good Saturday, and I hope you've had the same!





No comments: